Managing Attorney - Law Plus Plus
October 2012 - Present
- Grew a firm that started with no capital to billables in excess of $100,000 by our third calendar year.
- Third calendar year had 89% growth compared to second year as a result of networking, branding, content marketing, and speaking engagements throughout the community.
- Created a highly recognizable brand by operating as a unique general outside counsel solution for small to mid-sized businesses. Drafted articles, governing documents, contracts, stock agreements, exempt securities, corporate governance, legal opinions, and copyright applications; litigation drafting, reviewing, and filing; and providing general advice and counseling.
- Was one of the first business law firms in the country to offer flat rate pricing for over 90% of our services. Developed pricing and systems that relied on statistics and proven models.
- Supervised attorney employees, law student interns, outside counsel, and independent contractors.
Legal Intern - Legal Clinic for the Disabled
January 2011 - April 2011
- Worked with low income individuals with disabilities to provide legal services in estate planning and family law situations.
- Helped develop educational materials for the Deaf Community
- Check Mark Startup – Expected 2016 - Comprehensive checklist style guidebook for starting a successful, value-based, company with business and legal advice.
- Law Firm Choice of Entity - 2015 - Published in ABA TYL Journal
- Networker’s Tax and Expense Guide - 2014 – Book on maximizing a small business owner’s, or networker’s, tax deductions.
- DeafLegal Pamphlet - 2012 - Attorney’s Responsibilities when Working with Deaf Individuals
- Over 100 Legal Blogs with 20+ hits per day
- 2nd Place – 2015 - And Justice for All: An ABA Day of Service for firms under 20 Nationwide – Only firm in North Carolina to win
- B Corp Certified – 2016 - First Law Firm in NC
- 30 Companies in 30 Days - 2014 – Pro bono program published in Lawyers Weekly, Attorney at Law, and NCBA Docket
- 300+ hours pro bono and community service a year for past 6 years
- Started first company in 2005
- Licensed to practice in North Carolina – 2012
- Conversational American Sign Language (ASL)
- Over 20 Years of Computer Programming Experience
- Published Author
- Three years teaching experience at community colleges in North Carolina
- Presented at various workshops, seminars, conferences, and speaking engagements.
Volunteer / Pro Bono Experience
- Activate Good - Fund Development Board Member
- NC LEAP - Steering Committee Member
- Habitat for Humanity
- Clean Jordan Lake - Adopt a Shoreline
- Durham & Wake Food Bank
- Legal Aid of NC
- Heritage Farms
- 30 Companies in 30 Days
- Duke School of Law Cancer Clinic
- UNC School of Law Cancer Clinic
- Ronald McDonald House
- Business & Beers
- Prosperity Recovery Services